QUINOA SALAD WITH FERMENTED MILK DRINK
For me quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. Contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains but it also contains iron and lysine.
I like to drink with this salad some fermented milk because it contains billions of live micro-organisms (including Bifido bacteria) and is a good source of essential vitamins (B2, B12) and minerals (calcium, phosphorus).
- 3 chicken breasts
- 150g lentils
- 150g quinoa
- 60g pine nuts
- 60g raisins
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- A handful of parsley & coriander
- Coriander, cardamom & cinnamon powders
- Salt & pepper to taste
– Boil the quinoa and lentils for 15 min in salted water. Then put your raisins in some water, just enough for them to expand.
– Remove the skin of the onions and carrots then cut into small pieces.
– Cut your chicken and add to it some salt and pepper.
– Cook your ingredients in a wok and in a strong heat.
– Brown your pine nuts in the oil then keep them on the side, same for your chicken (not more than 5 minutes then keep it on the side too).
– Finally cook your onions and carrots constantly mixing for four minutes, then add your lentils, quinoa, raisins, chicken and your spices. Mix everything then turn down your heat and let it cook for 10 more minutes while stirring.
– Sprinkle some parsley, coriander and pine nuts directly in your plates.
“I like to eat my quinoa with some fermented milk, it is really healthy and good for my digestion and intestinal bacteria. It helps me keep a good functional immune system and metabolism. With this dish I get all the proteins I need to recover from my workouts and I feel better day after day by helping my metabolism!”